|Home > Courses > Teacher Development > Cambridge Advanced Exam Preparation
This part of the course is designed to help you improve your fluency and command of English in stimulating ways. We use a continuously updated range of resources, materials and approaches and cover areas such as: advanced language practice including idiomatic range, appropriacy and accuracy of expression, current usage, collocation, style and register, metaphorical and imaginative use of language, grammatical review, expansion of vocabulary, development of oral fluency, and also pronunciation with emphasis on the features of connected speech.
This section of the course focuses on specific skills for achieving your full potential in each aspect of the CAE exam including:
- Reading and Use of English, which will enable teachers to deal confidently with different types of text.
- Writing, which will focus on developing the skills and language required to produce different text types.
- Listening, which will enable students to follow and understand a range of spoken materials.
- Speaking, which will include pronunciation work, discussion and problem solving activities.
- British cultural awareness, which will reflect upon aspects of British culture such as social and cultural events, and Britain today.
Primary school, secondary school or college teachers with a level of English at CEFR B2 or above.
Course dates and fees 2017
Registration fee: £75
20 February to 24 February (1 week course): £310
20 November to 24 November (1 week course): £310
Homestay accommodation (if required): £135 per week
Eligible for EU funding: yes