|Home > Courses > Pre-University and IELTS Course
The perfect preparation for successful entry and study at a British university on your chosen course.
The College has been running pre-sessional courses since 1976 and works closely with a wide range of British universities.
This course is designed to ensure your English reaches the entry requirement for your chosen university course. It focuses on the key skills you will require to study effectively at university, including:
It also prepares you to reach your full potential at IELTS:
- general development of your level of English language
- academic writing, writing reports and essays
- research skills
- understanding lectures
- participating in seminars
- making presentations
- developing the skills required for each aspect of the IELTS test
- regular practise questions and mock examinations
- exam success skills and familiarisation
- feedback and tutorials with your tutor
If you do not already have a place at university, we can help you find the right course for you and make an application.
You will improve your academic English skills and language in order to study effectively on a university undergraduate or postgraduate course, as well as preparing for IELTS.
Course dates and fees 2017
Available throughout the year. Minimum course length 2 weeks.
Registration fee: £75
2 to 4 weeks: £298 per week*
5 to 12 weeks: £285 per week
13 to 24 weeks: £270 per week
25 to 35 weeks: £260 per week
36+ weeks: £255 per week
* Plus summer supplement of £10 between 03 July and 11August.